"Catherine Manoukian numbers among the most promising members of the younger generation of Canadian violinists. Throughout [she] plays her 1861 Vuillaume as if she were a princess of song." –The Toronto Star
Violinist Catherine Manoukian's third CD features lyrical favorites such as Elgar's "Salut d'amour", Massenet's famous and haunting "Thaïs", Rachmaninoff's "Vocalise", Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance", and music by Tchaikovsky, Vieuxtemps, Babajanian, Tartini and Sayat Nova. Recorded in Japan. An audiophile delight.
Catherine is accompanied on this recording by pianist Satoshi Sando.
Catalog: MAR 281
Preview or purchase on iTunes
1. Melodie de "Souvenir d'un lieu cher", Op. 42, Mélodie
4. Folk Song
5. Romance Op.7 No. 2
6. Vocalise Op.34 No.14
Jules Massenet (Listen)
7. Meditation de "Thais"
8. Sursum Corda (arr. F. Louis Schnieder)
9. Meditation de "Souvenir d'un lieu cher" Op. 42, Méditation
10. Waltz (Ayashe's Dance - transcribed by J. Heifetz) (Listen)
11. Sabre Dance from "Gayane" (transcribed by J. Heifetz)
12. Le Trillo du diable (arr. F. Kreisler)
Total playing time: 59:54