2014 National Choral Award - "Outstanding Choral Recording"
With performances spanning the last five years, Sounzscapes: From Our Lands celebrates Elise Bradley’s first five years as Artistic Director of the Toronto Children's Chorus, and features works from both Canadian and New Zealand composers, representing a true melding of cultures – the Toronto-based Chorus, and Ms. Bradley’s native New Zealand.
The music includes Maori pieces rarely heard outside of New Zealand, including the Maori kapa haka piece "I Te Timatanga" (In the Beginning) and "Te Iwi E" (To the People). The Canadian music includes Srul Irving Glick's beautiful "Magic Prayer" from Three Songs of the Light and Allister MacGillvray's famous and haunting "Song for the Mira".
The Toronto Children's Chorus is often called the finest chorus of treble voices in the world.
Catalog: MAR 439
Preview or purchase on iTunes
- I Te Timatanga – Te Whanau Wehi
- Cantate Domino – Rupert Lang
- Ohana I runga rawa [live] – David Hamilton
- Magic Prayer – Srul Irving Glick
- Magnificat – Eleanor Daley
- Child with the Starry Crayon – Eleanor Daley
- Peace Song – Dorothy Buchanan
- Sanctus – Richard Oswin
- Weep No More – David Childs
- Watane [live] – Mark Sirett
- Tsimshian Welcome Chant – Arr: Donald Patriquin
- Cape Breton Lullaby [live] – Kenneth Leslie, Arr: Stuart Calvert
- Te Iwi E – Te Whanau Wehi (Listen)
- Song for the Mira – Allister MacGillivray, Arr: Stuart Calvert
- I Went to the Market [live] – Arr: Donald Patriquin
Total playing time: 53:59